At Indoc Research, we design, build and manage complex health data
infrastructure for prominent research organizations
across the globe. We design and deploy large scale secured informatics
platforms involving wide-ranging and complex
health data modalities (including imaging, genomics, clinical assessments,
wearables) across multiple disease areas
including brain, cardiovascular, and cancer.
We are seeking a DevOps or Network Engineer with a strong security
focus who will be responsible for helping design,
maintain and administer secure networks and complex systems for our client
deployments as well as our internal company
needs. Your primary duties will include designing, deploying and maintaining
custom software systems and networks,
securing virtual servers for deployment, enabling backup and disaster
recovery operations, establishing and enforcing
policies and technologies for protecting sensitive data and software from
external attacks and internal errors,
monitoring performance and efficiency of resources, scaling systems as
required to handle increased loads. You will work
closely with management and developers to identify potential issues, fix
problems, and recommend standards-based
solutions to complex problems.
To be a successful candidate, you should have a strong understanding of
network and software engineering processes and
infrastructure. You will need to be able to implement, administer and
troubleshoot networked systems including Linux
servers (Windows experience also desirable), firewalls, routers, switches
and gateways. A deep knowledge of application
transport and network infrastructure protocols is desired. Experience in
both on-premise implementation, cloud
implementations (including AWS) and hybrid approaches is highly desirable.
Experience in security processes and technology is also highly desirable,
including standard-based approaches to
securing servers (e.g. NIST 800) and information systems security in general
(e.g. ISO 27002). Experience in internal
and external Threat Risk and Threat Vulnerability Assessments is preferred,
along with experience in security monitoring
and defence practices including logging analysis, IDS/IPS and honeypots.
Experience in tasks related to release engineering are also desirable,
including patch management, CI/CD, coordinating
releases into multiple deployments, and other related devops tasks as
- Design, deploy, maintain, administer and improve computer networks
and related computing environments including systems
software, applications software, and configurations in both
on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and
implementing best practices security measures.
Deploy, configure, maintain and decommission laptops, desktops,
servers and networking technology.
- Design, deploy, maintain and improve release support processes and
technology to support ongoing maintenance of software
installed at multiple client sites.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Monitor networks and servers for performance, resource utilization
and system security, optimize and secure as required.
- Investigate, document and resolve privacy issues and other cyber
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems
and information infrastructure, including firewalls
and data encryption programs.
- Work with developing security team to perform tests, uncover network
vulnerabilities and develop company-wide best
practices for privacy and security.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security
- Experience with both on-premise and in-cloud security and networking
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, protocols, typical
configurations and networking hardware.
- Experience in Citrix XenServer, Oracle OVM is desirable
- Deep knowledge in administering Linux and/or Windows desktop and
servers is desirable
- Certifications in relevant networking technologies and/or relevant
- Experience in working with ISO, NIST or related security standards.
- Experience in supporting software releases deployed in multiple
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Certifications in networking and security are optional but
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject title "Secure Network DevOps".
1 Richmond Street West,