At Indoc Research, we design, build and manage complex health data infrastructure for prominent
research organizations across the globe. We deploy large scale informatics platforms involving wideranging and complex
health data modalities (e.g., imaging, genomics, clinical assessments,
wearables) across multiple disease areas including brain, cardiovascular, and cancer.
We are currently seeking a mid-level data engineer with experience in projects emphasizing data
lake solutions, data processing technologies, AWS or similar cloud services, and agile development.
This position is located in Toronto, Canada.
As our ideal candidate, you are looking for a dynamic multidisciplinary team of engineers and
researchers who bring their diverse expertise to solve hard problems. You are prepared to bring your
drive, experience, and passion to contribute at all levels to the entire team.
This is an exciting opportunity to leverage and stretch your strong data engineering skills as an
integral team member. You need to be proficient in handling data sets from multiple sources to
facilitate the goal of generating key insights from the data. This role requires hands-on engineering
experience throughout the data life cycle including the development of data lake components, large
scale ETL pipelines, data warehousing and visualization. Strong Python programming and data
modelling skills, and familiarity with AWS or equivalent services are necessary to be successful in this
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering/development, with recent experience in agile
software engineering environments.
- You must have demonstrated skills in Python, at least one modern Big Data technology (e.g.
Spark), ETL methodologies, and databases (e.g. Elastic, PostgreSQL).
- 2+ years of experience in data mapping and modelling
- 2+ years of experience working with data lake and data warehouse
- 1+ years of Experience with commercial cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with large data sets and near-real-time content services and visualization, using
- Be able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, and meet
required schedules and timelines
- You must have the ability to interact well with coworkers and teammates
- You must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing
comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and
- You must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking
environment where more than one project may require your participation at a given time
(typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects)
- RESTful Web Services, parallel programming, workflow management tools (Apache NiFi or
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team across multiple disciplines
- Willingness to research and learn new approaches and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject title "Data
1 Richmond Street West,